Health & Wellness Coach Certifying Exam - Common Questions
Eligibility criteria for the Health & Wellness Coach Certifying Examination (HWCCE) are described online and in the Bulletin of Information. You must upload the following documents to confirm your completion of education and experience requirements.
Degree / Work Experience Document
Do you have an Associate’s degree or higher in any field?
- YES: Complete and upload the HWC Education Declaration form.
- NO: Complete and upload the HWC Work Experience Log, which documents 4,000 hours of work experience in any field. Please note this form must be notarized.
Program Completion Document(s)
Upload the Certificate of Completion you received from an Approved Transition Program.
Please note: If your program is noted with an asterisk at www.nbhwc.org/approved-programs/, there is an additional requirement needed. Please contact your program to verify completion prior to submitting your application.
Coaching Experience Document
Upload your completed HWC Coaching Log. In the rare case where your employer prohibits you from completing a coded coaching log, provide a letter from your supervisor documenting completion of at least 50 health and wellness coaching sessions that meet the requirements specified in the HWC Coaching Log.
Eligibility documentation for the HWCCE must be uploaded using your MyNBME account, as follows:
- Find your exam on the Home or My Exams page and click on the Registration ID
- Click on the Eligibility Case #
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to the Related Documents section
- Enter the name of the document and select one or more of the documents in the selection box that are in the file you are uploading
- Click the Upload button or drag and drop the file
- Click the Save button
- Repeat these steps for all files you need to upload
- Click the Submit for Review button
IMPORTANT: Your eligibility process will not begin until you submit the required documents.
You should receive an email regarding your eligibility status within 30 days after we receive all your documents. Please go to: https://nbhwc.org/hwc-certifying-examination-application/ for additional information.
Results are posted approximately 8 weeks after the close of the test window. You will receive an email when your score is available with instructions for retrieving your score report from your MyNBME account.