- Free NBME® Self-Assessments and Answer Explanations will be available in April
- NBME remains operational and we continue to explore alternate delivery options for products and services
- Update to NBME Web-based Test Administrations at Medical Schools includes remote proctoring option for Subject Examinations
- Prometric closes testing centers in the US and Canada
- USMLE Program is working to modify policies and announces Step 2 Clinical Skills temporarily suspended; fees waived
Across the globe, schools and workplaces have adopted social distancing policies and closed where necessary to mitigate the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). These necessary preventive measures at locations where people learn and do business impact many people. They have also caused a temporary interruption for those scheduled to take an assessment administered through NBME.
NBME is fast-tracking investigations into alternative assessment delivery methods for physicians, medical school faculty, and students to enable the continuity of the medical education system during this unprecedented time in our history. To do this, staff is actively working by virtual means to follow guidance from health officials.
Assessment information updates and resources are available through the following sources:
- Prometric center updates
- USMLE information: website and announcement about Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) and fee waivers
- NBME Twitter (@NBMEnow) and our website
- World Health Organization information
- Center for Disease Control news
Questions? Contact NBME Customer Support at https://www.nbme.org/contact or 215-590-9700.